Sunday, April 21, 2019

Blog 16, open the doors and have a holiday 

“If my mind can conceive it, and my heart can believe it, then I can achieve it” (Muhammad Ali).

Time flies. Already it’s Easter!
So holiday time for the kids, and next 2 weeks no ballet classes. 
In the last week before a vacation period, Bayadère opens the doors for friends and family to look at the performance of the students, children, and adults. 

It’s always a bit awkward when people are watching you. But strange how soon you forget that people are actually looking at you when you focus on your exercises.

Lyda asked me to pay specific attention to the expression of my face. When focusing on the movement, I tend to show the difficulty of the performance on my face. I am familiar with that comment. I remember my wife saying (quite often): “You always have your mouth open when you watch television, shut your mouth, please. Otherwise, you look so silly.” I’ll practice, that’s a promise, Lyda.

I feel confident about my performances. And even if I stumblebum some time, I know by now that in the end, I will achieve it. Because I can conceive it. Because I believe by now that I can do it.

The second part of the lesson was fun. We had some laughs and felt relaxed. An excellent way to start a vacation!
And that is precisely what I’m going to do: take a few weeks off. So no blog in the next weeks!
My next blog will be on May 11.

Happy Easter!

1 comment: