Sunday, January 6, 2019

My first blog

Here it is then, my blog. At last Lyda would say. 

Since 1 November 2017, I join ballet classes at La Bayadere, led by Lyda. Being a man of 58 years old I made the next move in my life by realizing a dream of my youth by starting to learn dancing ballet. I thereby transformed a long-held desire of becoming a ballet dancer to a first real and actual start at a ballet school. And start at point zero.

Soon after my arrival at La Bayadere Lyda made the suggestion to start a blog, to make other people participants in my new journey of discovery.
By now it is a year later, I needed some time to take this step. A bit with the feeling that I probably could have begun earlier with writing a blog. But my work, daily concerns and a piece of computer illiteracy made this step more difficult than I presumed.
So eventually after that first step to La Bayadere that brought me into the world of ballet, I now make my second step with presenting to you this blog. 

What made me move to ballet?
It all started with a documentary about the freedom dash Nureyev made in 1961 in Paris. I saw that documentary somewhere at the beginning of the seventies, in my early teens. And I wondered about his move. As a person, he intrigued me, his face, his expression. It was so full of expectation. And I knew he was a ballet dancer. But ballet was something of another world, a world I did not live in.
One day I decided then, I will look into this. And that one day would present itself 45 years later.

I intend to make you part of my journey by writing this blog about my experiences and troubles in mastering some of the elementals of ballet. I hope you will enjoy reading about my journey as much as I enjoy learning this beautiful art of dancing, called ballet.
As always, the magic is in the doing.

Thank you.

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for this blog. I am sure it will inspire many people to follow their dreams.

    It's a joy to teach you!

    Lyda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for teaching me this beautiful form of art. You are a wonderful teacher!

      Delete
  2. You are never too old to follow your dreams ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep up your hard work. Ballet is an extremely difficult art form but a very rewarding one that puts you in touch with yourself, music, emotions, beauty, science---it is physics, aerodynamics, biology, psychology, ---Ballet is a very complete art form that can be interesting for a lifetime. Welcome to the world of dancers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fully agree! Thank you very much for your comment.

      Delete